Immortality grants its wielder the ability to survive any fatal condition, allowing them to recover from death and assume normal functions in a matter of hours.
Nathan used this power to recover from death multiple times.
Upon dying, the user's body automatically repairs itself to its pre-death state; the user regenerates from any and all injuries, often returning to life almost immediately, then wakes up perfectly healthy. When non-fatally injured, he heals at a normal human rate; however, those injuries will rapidly heal the next time he dies. This ability seems to be subconscious, since he has died on numerous occasions only to walk away unscathed afterwards. He has recovered from being shot, stabbed, and beaten to death. His body will never get sick, rot, age or truly grow old, the user does not need to eat, drink, or breath. As a result, he will stay young, and in pinnacle human conditions forever.
With this power, Nathan survived:
- In an Alternate Timeline, Nathan was killed by Tony when he went on a rampage, as Curtis was not there to stop him, like in Episode 1 (Series 1). However, he did not get killed for good, as he stated he was half-dead, and his injuries had not fully healed. (Episode 4 (Series 1))
- Falling off of a building and getting impaled by a metal fence. (Episode 6 (Series 1))
- Getting impaled on a metal pipe. (Episode 1 (Series 2))
- Getting brutally beaten to death. (Episode 5 (Series 2))
- Shooting his head open with a revolver. (Episode 6 (Series 2))
- On one of Superhoodie's security camera feeds, titled "The Birthday Boy", Nathan sets off a smoke alarm in the Community Centre and has to turn it off before Shaun arrives. He climbs up on a railing and manages to deactivate it, however, falls in the process, breaking his neck.
The only time Immortality proved itself ineffective was when Brian used his Lactokinesis to wrap mozzarella (previously consumed by Nathan) around his cortex, resulting an permanent brain damage and "death" of Nathans mind and leaving him into an immortal shell, in Episode 6 (Series 2)
- Main article: Mediumship
A sub-power of immortality is - as Nathan discovered in Episode 2 - the ability to see the souls of the dead. This power was only activated after Nathan died and came back to life, which means he could see spirits of the dead as he had technically died himself. Although this is a powerful ability, it is limited by a few factors; like he can only see the spirit, within 24 hour of their death and unlike typical ghost, the apparitions Nathan sees look like normal physical beings, in fact he dosen't even alway know that the people are dead unless they tell him or if he actually sees them die, and they also possess the ability to move at will.
A similar power, but less powerful and continuous is Resurrection. However, the person can die again, and the user and holder of the power can not resurrect themselves. Usage of resurrection also turns ressurected human into an blood-thirsty zombie.
- In the alternate timeline where Tony kills the entire gang (besides Curtis), Nathan's immortality is hinted at, however, he still has all of his injuries from the attack, but when he is revived in the real timeline we see all of his injuries heal themselves. However, he stated that he was "half dead when they found me." This means that, since he had not died fully, his injuries did not heal fully.