Immortality grants its wielder the ability to survive any fatal condition, from starvation to a gunshot wound to the head.
Nathan used this power to recover from death multiple times.
Upon dying, the user's body automatically repairs itself to its pre-death state; the user then wakes up perfectly healthy. (Although, Nathan defecated himself and seemed to have a bad stomach/guts after being revived for the first time. This indicates that the user will not have the stomach for death the first time, but they will gradually get over this.) However, the power does not work if the user does not die, so physical injury that does not lead to death will either have to heal on its own or - in the case of a stroke, for example - not at all. Whether it affects ageing, however, is unknown.
If the user of this power takes drugs, they become more mortal then they were before they had the power of immortality, and they may die permanently.
With this power, Nathan survived:
- In an Alternate Timeline, Nathan was killed by Tony when he went on a rampage, as Curtis was not there to stop him, like in Episode 1 (Series 1). However, he did not get killed for good, as he stated he was half-dead, and his injuries had not fully healed. (Episode 4 (Series 1))
- Falling off of a building and getting impaled by a metal fence. (Episode 6 (Series 1))
- Getting impaled on a metal pipe. (Episode 1 (Series 2))
- Getting brutally beaten to death. (Episode 5 (Series 2))
- Shooting his head open with a revolver. (Episode 6 (Series 2))
- On one of Superhoodie's security camera feeds, titled "The Birthday Boy", Nathan sets off a smoke alarm in the Community Centre and has to turn it off before Shaun arrives. He climbs up on a railing and manages to deactivate it, however, falls in the process, breaking his neck.
The only time Immortality proved itself ineffective was when Brian used his Lactokinesis to wrap mozzarella (previously consumed by Nathan) around his cortex, resulting an permanent brain damage and "death" of Nathans mind and leaving him into an immortal shell, in Episode 6 (Series 2)
- Main article: Mediumship
A sub-power of immortality is - as Nathan discovered in Episode 2 - the ability to see the souls of the dead. This power was only activated after Nathan died and came back to life, which means he could see spirits of the dead as he had technically died himself. Although this is a powerful ability, it is limited by a few factors; like he can only see the spirit, within 24 hour of their death and unlike typical ghost, the apparitions Nathan sees look like normal physical beings, in fact he dosen't even alway know that the people are dead uless they tell him or if he actually sees them die, and they also possess the ability to move and touch inanimate objects at will. Nathan often uses this to his benifit, using spirits to do his bidding. Usually in the form of seeking revenge upon the living.
A similar power, but less powerful and continuous is Resurrection. However, the person can die again, and the user and holder of the power can not resurrect themselves. Usage of ressurection also turns ressurected human into an blood-thirsty zombie.
- In the alternate timeline where Tony kills the entire gang (besides Curtis), Nathan's immortality is hinted at, however, he still has all of his injuries from the attack, but when he is revived in the real timeline we see all of his injuries heal themselves. However, he stated that he was "half dead when they found me." This means that, since he had not died fully, his injuries did not heal fully.
- it is possible this power can be given to multiple people as the heart could be taken out and the orginal owner would simply revie a new one (as anyone with this power).